Oracle Integration Lead
Oracle Integration Lead
The Oracle Integration Lead is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining Oracle ERP Integrations with multiple legacy platforms utilizing Oracle SOA, AIA and ESB and PL/SQL APIs. Work with technical developers and functional analysts on the team to evaluate, design and lead the development of integrations between Oracle EBS and other applications.
Strategy & Planning
• Work with business analysts, business users and external systems to understand requirements in order to define an architecture design that meets business and technical needs.
• Provide architecture and design direction to developers to ensure high-quality solutions and consistent deliverables to support the enterprise service oriented architecture.
• Work with third part vendors to evaluate and select packages that can be integrated with GERP solutions to support agile business requirements.
• Establish, adopt, communicate and enforce standards and policies for system documentation, best practices, standards and policies that support an optimized SOA environment.
• Keep current with industry trends and development for technologies in assigned area, and assist in evaluating and developing plans for keeping SOA applications current.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Design complex technical objects in accordance with the technical development standards and best practices.
• Mitigate significant risks associated with integration projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
• Provide directions on resolving Service Requests in collaboration with Oracle Support or third party vendor integrations.
• Gather business requirements and recommend industry best practices and work with functional knowledge holders.
• Design technical objects that exist in Oracle SOA production environment, e.g., web services, system designs and integration patterns.
• Design and develop ESB/BPEL processes (Synchronous and Asynchronous) and web services.
• Create process flows, high level functional and detailed technical design specifications from business requirements.
• Coordinate work efforts with the DBA and infrastructure teams to support integration environment changes.
• Work with IT and Business management to evaluate complex user requests, large projects and strategies.
• Perform analysis of large-scale, complex, cross-system, cross-platform changes or issues.
• Partner with business analysts, application super users and integration developers to successfully complete integration projects.
• Assist with large scale projects may be required to contribute to efficiency, effectiveness and success of the work.
• Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
• Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Train and share knowledge with development teams.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Up to 25% travel as required (domestic and international).
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour work day as required.
Knowledge & Experience
• 10+ years IT experience architecting complex and large integrations of Oracle EBS with other applications.
• 3+ years of architecting and deploying complex applications using Oracle SOA suite on Oracle Fusion middleware.
• Hands-on experience with Java and J2EE Technologies (EJB, JMS, JDBC, SQL, XML, JSP, JMS, XML, XPath and/or XSLT).
• Strong understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts (loose coupling, modularity, reusability, asynchronicity, high availability, scalability).
• Experience with WebService Security specifications, WS-Security, WS-Policy, SAML, etc.
• Integration experience with any ESBs (such as TIBCO, IBM, Oracle).
• Integration experience with Messaging, UDDI, Service Registry and Service Repository
• Deep knowledge of SOA principle, design patterns, application and integration architectures.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
• Oracle Application Development Framework Experience.
• Oracle AIA and ESB experience is a plus.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
• Willingness and ability to train and teach others.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a globally focused multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
• Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Apply for this job
Desired Skills and Expertise
Salary / package