The Front-End Web Developer position builds front-end interfaces for web sites and web applications. Lead efforts to generate markup that will not alter the presentation across supported browsers, operating systems and devices.
Strategy & Planning
• Acquire and interpret business requirements, creates a functional specification, and determines the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
• Research and improve current front-end standards.
• Research and implement new interface development techniques.
• Submit and review technical and process improvement recommendations as a member of the technical leadership team.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
• Estimate hours for project tasks.
• Schedule and lead brainstorming activities surrounding interface functionality.
• Lead in building Information Architecture diagrams.
• Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
• Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
• Manage and prioritize workload between project and maintenance tasks.
• Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
• Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
• Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
• Train and knowledge share with development teams.
• Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
• Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
• Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
• Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Analyze performance of websites and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Minimal travel as required
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years IT experience.
• Expert in CSS and XHTML.
• Very skilled in CSS3 and HTML5
• Skilled in responsive Web Development
• Follow web accessibility (Section 508 and WAI) standards.
• Strong sense of design and typography.
• 5+ years experience working in standards-based markup.
• 3+ years working with content management solutions.
• 4+ years experience using HTML/CSS/JS debugging tools (Firebug, Chrome Developer)
• Experience generating templates for various content-based tools (blog, wiki, WCM).
• Understand common UX/UI design patterns, best practices, and standard conventions..
• Demonstrated experience with Photoshop.
• Demonstrated use of Source Code Control, preferably Git
• 2+ years experience working with UNIX.
• 2+ years experience documenting IA through tools such as Visio.
• Experience working as part of an enterprise web team, interfacing with back-end developers, designers, web engineers, and external agencies or partners.
• Advanced analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to translate an idea or need into a completed solution or work product.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Apply for this job
Desired Skills and Expertise
Salary / package