Great food and great careers...this is what Performance Food Group brings to the table. PFG is one of the largest foodservice distributors in the nation, with more than 66,000 national and private label products that we market and distribute both nationally and in 40 foreign countries to customers including restaurants, hotels, health care facilities, schools and more. Are you ready to set your career in motion? It all starts now with a company that really delivers!
Performance Food Group is seeking a quality driver for an immediate opening in Waukegan, IL.
This position offera various schedules and excellent income for a qualified driver seeking to take their career to the next level!
Performance Food Group Offers:
• Competitive Wages
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k & FSA Plans
• Well Maintained Fleet
• Recognition Programs
Minimum Requirements for Route Delivery Drivers:
• Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Drivers License.
• Must have an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
• Must meet the medical standards of the U.S. Department of transportation
• Twelve (12) Months Tractor Trailer Experience Required
• Standard Background Check Required
Performance Food Group is currently seeking an experienced Class A Delivery Driver. We are seeking a dependable, organized, team player preferably with a background in route delivery services in food distribution.
A Performance Food Group delivery driver must be able to execute dispatched assignments, fulfill customer expectations and adhere to specific delivery procedures in accordance with our company policy. The driver will be responsible for delivering a variety of products to accounts within a designated area. Multiple stops are required throughout the route that requires frequent exits and entry to and from the truck cab to conduct manual unloading of products. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Unloading and delivery of frozen, chilled and dry food products to customer locations within assigned route
• Stock and or place products on customers’ shelves or another designed location when applicable
• Collect payments from customers and record transactions when applicable
• Resolve service complaints when able, issue credit memos for refused product, return product to warehouse and maintain effective communications with transportation supervisors, management and the sales department
• Organize end-of-day paperwork for office administration
• Perform Pre & Post trip inspections and maintain the proper temperature environment within delivery trailer
• Safe and legal operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
• Safe and timely transportation of freight from origin to destination.
• Proper loading and unloading of freight to assure safety and minimal risk of damage to cargo and danger to people.
• Development and maintenance of professional and effective relations between the company and the customer.
Route Delivery Driver Responsibilities:
The following is a list of duties that are essential to the Performance Food Group Delivery Driver position and employees must be able to perform these duties at all times.
• Must be able to execute basic and advanced driving methods in accordance to the type of equipment used by Performance Food Group and in compliance of all DOT regulations
• Must be able to perform all delivery functions including:
• Interpret invoices, unloading the correct amount of products and delivering the items into customer locations
• Use of a two-wheel hand truck
• Use of a trailer lift gate
• Capable of easily recognizing products
• Legibly and correctly completing necessary paperwork
• Collection of money and the ability to quickly perform basic mathematic equations
• Performing a daily delivery route routine while following specific customer guidelines for delivery methods
• Communicating with various customers and providing exceptional customer service
• Must be able to maintain minimum company standards in regards to through put, error percentage and on time delivery
• The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, local area maps, driver policies, invoices and credit memos
• Must be able to perform Pre / Post trip inspections on a regular and ongoing basis
• Must be capable and available to consistently complete the entire route which will require you to work the maximum on duty hours allowed by the DOT.
Desired Skills and Expertise
High School or equivalent
< 2 years
Salary / package