Senior Accounting Specialist
Senior Accounting Specialist
Senior Accounting Specialist
With approximately 15,000 employees working from more than 65 locations, the Bayer organization in North America is the largest within the Bayer Group. Bayer Corporation, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is the U.S. holding company for Bayer's interests in the United States. It provides a governance platform for common corporate-center functions that support the U.S. operations of Bayer CropScience, Bayer HealthCare and Bayer MaterialScience. These functions include Accounting; Tax; Treasury and Insurance; Corporate Audit; Mergers and Acquisitions; Local Information Technology Services; Procurement; Security; Communications and Public Affairs; Human Resources; and Law, Patents & Compliance.
Bayer's corporate culture is an important factor in the company's success. Central to this culture are our values: Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency, summarized by the term LIFE. They provide us with guidance for our daily work as we seek solutions to the major challenges of our time, in line with our mission statement "Bayer: Science For A Better Life."
CFO-ENTE-BHC Medical Care Acctg BP We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
The primary responsibility of this position is to act as a bridge between the business and the operational accounting departments for decisions on accounting treatment that require judgment combined with comprehensive business knowledge and to provide key insights into development of the financial statements
The incumbent will:
• Support/Consult with the business in their decision processes by providing accounting impact of various options on business results.
• Contribute to the completeness and correctness of the financial statements by providing the Central Accounting departments with transparent and qualitative information originating from within the Business.
• Provide transactional accounting (incl. master data) initiates and WPA postings
• Make provisions to: restructuring, legal, and environmental gross to net reporting, contract risk assessments, group inventories, valuation of intangibles and group impairments.
• Explain evolution in Financial Statements, as 'controller of the Actuals’ and act as business advisor / consultant.
• Provide a high degree of interaction with key business functions (e.g. Controlling, Strategic Contracting, Legal, and Product Supply) Organize regular formal and informal meetings with the business; build relationship and networking.
• Provide financial expertise, linking business with Accounting and functioning as the prime contact for business, providing guidance to significant business decisions, transactions ; regular 'business related' support (incl Controlling, Legal, RM sourcing) along with overall coordination of integration of accounting in projects (e.g. system changes, M&A) and actively support the planning and forecasting process (for business, TX, FI purposes)
• Assure execution of guidelines - a assure input towards relevant Central Accounting department ; Support Central Accounting with Change Management towards business for implementation of new guidelines ; support Central Accounting in the Demand Management for process or system changes as requested by the business
• Assure system settings and/or correct usage - COSMOS
• Support internal audits for accounting relevant topics and assure corrective actions within Accounting • Support major TK projects impacting Accounting (e.g. M&A, system changes, etc.)
• Network / interfaces: other AccP departments, CAO platform and BPA functions (Controlling, Procurement, O&I, HR), all business functions, internal audit, external audit.
• BS in Accounting or equivalent in experience. MBA and/or CPA/CMA certificate is desirable.
• Generally a minimum of 8 years working experience.
• Detailed knowledge of Bayer Group accounting and reporting requirements (BRIDGE and BKA).
• Deep knowledge of the BHC specific accounting practices and very good business understanding. • Detailed knowledge of both external (products, markets) and internal (business models, controlling concepts, operational structures and activities as well as key personnel).
• Strong interpersonal, communications and presentation skills are required as is the ability to build long term partnerships with internal management and staff.
• Strong analytical skills working knowledge of all relevant SAP modules and BI.
• Ability to take support multidisciplinary project (e.g. M&A) and assure corresponding change management.
• Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office suite.
• Demonstrated ability to be a role model for the Bayer LIFE Values - Leadership, Integirty, Flexibility and Efficiency is required.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Desired Skills and Expertise
Salary / package