Director Quality Services
Director Quality Services
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One is one of the nation’s top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
Capital One is hiring a Director of Quality Assurance to manage a centralized organization of Quality Assurance (QA) Professionals supporting a Banking Line of Business (LOB)/Tower. In this function, you will allocate QA resources based on priority of financial business initiatives and organizational need, be ultimately accountable for test execution in support of all software delivery, provide direction for quality throughout the software development lifecycle, and produce meaningful and actionable analysis of test results that drive process improvements. Additionally as Director of Quality Services, you’ll be in a dynamic and challenging environment with plenty of room for you to learn and grow surrounded by a team of the industry’s best leaders. You deserve to work in a place where you can realize your full potential.
- Create and lead a geographically disbursed team of Software Testing professionals responsible for functional testing for various customers. Manage resources with regular communications, support, feedback, and performance guidance. Adjust to shifting priorities while motivating and managing teams against aggressive deadlines.
- Manage test planning, execution, and reporting strategies across multiple programs and in alignment with business needs adhering to firm wide standards.
- Lead the organization to improve test efficiency and effectiveness. Evaluate and investigate new technologies. Evaluate the testing processes, resolve discrepancies and make improvements for effective testing ensuring adoption of test processes.
- Execute an organizational test strategy including the management of human and technical resources, schedules, quality controls, reporting and all levels of communication. Experience with small-to-large scale release work is a required.
- Partner closely with key senior leaders, line managers and other stakeholders on all initiatives. Collaboration with senior and middle Technology and Operations managers, support areas, and business partners is critical for the successful integration of a standardized QA model.
- Develop and nurture key relationships with all critical stakeholders and partners throughout SDLC to facilitate effective communication, manage expectations and deliver results.
- Establish operational goals and objectives for the Quality Assurance team.
- Assure adherence to budgets, schedules, standards, work plans and performance requirements.
- Experience negotiating and managing external vendors to effectively delivery positive results for the customer and adhere to QA standards.
- Capable of maintaining a strong talent management mindset by recruiting, selecting, training, coaching, empowering, and motivating the QA staff.
- Experience with the creation and execution of a test suite automation strategy, tool implementation and maintenance plan.
- Flexibility to adjust to lead technical program work through various software development methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, etc.
- Knowledge of analysis, development, testing, and analytical software/tools/programs.
- Familiarity with large-scale Change Management processes covering Risk Management, Problem Management, and building customer confidence.
- Experience in forecasting and planning a test portfolio scope which is driven by the Line of Business priority while maintaining alignment to firm wide objectives and strategy.
- Superior ability to structure and scope complex problems, apply a range of analytical tools, gain and synthesize insights and develop solutions.
- Experience in implementing software quality assurance processes, testing methodologies, QA practices, QA metrics and establishing a highly-productive QA team.
- Strategy and execution oriented leadership, resource management, communication, and the ability to influence people at a variety of levels internally and externally.
- Proven experience with designing and implementing Quality guidelines.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills coupled with the ability to effectively communicate and partner with Business and IT.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in People/Personnel Management
- At least 5 years of experience in Information Security Management
- At least 5 years of experience in General IT Knowledge of systems and infrastructure
- At least 5 years of experience in Communication and Influencing
- At least 8 years of experience negotiating and managing external vendors
- Masters Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- 10 Years of experience in People/Personnel Management
- 10 Years of experience in Information Security Operations and Management
- 5 years of experience in Project Management (planning, executing, tracking)
- 10 Years of experience in General IT Knowledge of systems and infrastructure
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to APPLY!
Desired Skills and Expertise
Salary / package