Client (Desktop) Engineer
Client (Desktop) Engineer
Client (Desktop) Engineer - Morristown, NJ
Covanta Energy Corporation is an internationally recognized owner and operator of large-scale Energy-from-Waste and renewable energy projects and a recipient of the Energy Innovator Award from the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
Covanta’s 45 Energy-from-Waste facilities provide communities with an environmentally sound solution to their solid waste disposal needs by using that municipal solid waste to generate clean, renewable energy. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely and securely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste into 9 million megawatt hours of clean renewable electricity and almost 9 billion pounds of steam that are sold to a variety of industries.
Covanta is a listed company under the symbol CVA. Covanta's CIO was selected as CIO 100 Award Honoree in 2012 by CIO Magazine.
Covanta is looking to hire a Client (Desktop) Engineer for its IT team in Morristown, NJ.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Services Manager, the Client (Desktop) Engineer is responsible for solution architecture and engineering of client computing technologies.
Working in a fast paced, challenging team environment provides this engineer with the opportunity to drive innovative technology decisions which create value and enhance user experience. Areas of responsibilities include desktops, laptops, VDI, and application packaging/ deployment. This engineering position will align client strategies with business objectives and industry best practices in order to recommend, design and implement solutions. Solutions will be based on business, financial and technology requirements summarized in business cases.
This position will also be accountable for the documentation, training and release management of desktop services in addition to level 3 support of issues and problems related to client computing. This candidate will also take ownership of service area incidents and problems working across groups to respond to service impacting issues.
Working across the entire IT organization, the ideal candidate will be capable of gathering input and feedback from the support, operations, application and business analyst areas in order to ensure solutions are designed and will function as intended. This position is also responsible for championing projects and ideas through stakeholder management and presenting recommendations to the Program Management Office.
The candidate must have demonstrated success in similar roles and the ability to effectively communicate and work in and across teams.
Technology and Capabilities Implementation.
• User adoption planning and ensuring solutions are being leveraged effectively
• Project planning and implementation for new and existing capabilities
• Develops requirements, communications, milestones, objectives, support plans in support of new and changing services
• Change management (user adoption and change over planning)
Architecture Design and Engineering
• Develops technical design and engineering solutions for the client computing environment
• In conjunction with the engineering team, create and publish technology roadmaps
• Stakeholder management and presenting solution to the PMO
• Creates service architecture and technical documentation
• Develops and maintains application delivery standards
• Continual service improvement planning
• Monitor and manage engineering ticket queues
• Develops service enhancements through automation and self-serve technologies
• Develops and maintains training material and solutions to ensure user productivity
Incident and Problem Management
• Point of escalation for desktop related issues
• Incident and problem management
• Accountable for service improvements and lessons learned from incidents and problems
• Documenting problem resolution action plans
• Leadership in managing and resolving issues
Working across the entire IT organization, the ideal candidate will be capable of gathering input and feedback from the support, operations, application and business analyst areas in order to ensure solutions are designed and will function as intended. This position is also responsible for championing projects and ideas through stakeholder management and presenting recommendations to the Program Management Office. The candidate must have demonstrated success in similar roles and the ability to effectively communicate and work in and across teams.
Candidate should possess:
• 5+ years in a desktop engineering and support role
• 3+ years of experience in IT helpdesk or desktop support
• Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience supporting, configuring and maintaining the Windows Desktop Platform
• Experience supporting Microsoft Office products including Lync
• Experience designing and managing PC environments with Group Policy
• Experience managing and implementing SCCM
• Experience with application packaging and deployment toolsets
• Experience with Active Directory
• Scripting and Automation skills
• Must have knowledge of networking concepts
• Microsoft Exchange experience is a plus.
• Applied knowledge of ITIL and other IT best-practices
• Experience with technical project deployments a must
• B.S. (Business, Computer Science, Engineering Management) or equivalent work experience/certifications in related discipline
• Microsoft certifications
Click to Apply!
Desired Skills and Expertise
High School or equivalent
Salary / package