Bayer CropScience (BCS), an Equal Opportunity Employer, is a subgroup of Bayer AG. It is one of the world's leading innovative crop science companies in the areas of crop protection, non-agricultural pest control, seeds and traits. The company offers an outstanding range of products and extensive service backup for modern, sustainable agriculture and for non-agricultural applications. Bayer CropScience has a global workforce of 20,700 and is represented in more than 120 countries. Bayer’s corporate culture is an important factor in the company’s success. Central to this culture are our values: Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency, summarized by the term LIFE. They provide us with guidance for our daily work as we seek solutions to the major challenges of our time, in line with our mission statement “Bayer: Science For A Better Life".
Pasadena Operations We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes. This job produces product for outside customers and internal customers. This position is directly involved in the final stages of production and is vital to ensure requirements are met and customer demands are met related to safety and quality. This position effects all departments, Sales, Customer Service, Maintenance, Q/C, Distribution, Sales Forecasts Demands and Inventory.
• Maintain a safe/clean working environment-report deficiencies to supervision or management in a timely manner;
• Ensure the proper components (jug, closing mechanism, label, seals, cartons, pallets, and/or bulk drums, etc.) are being utilized in the packaging process;
• Routine inspection and setup of tools and equipment relevant to the job function (capper, labeler, taper, etc.). Minor maintenance and troubleshooting may be required;
• Reporting of problematic tools and equipment;
• Conform to all ISO documents/SOP’s to achieve high quality products;
• Conform to all Safety requirements;
• Accountable for product container content, labelling and packaging sent to customers;
• Accuracy related to is vital in this position our customers see the end result product;
• Be able to step in as a back-up line lead during peak season or relevant;
• Employee is responsible for following all QHSE(Quality, Health, Safety, and Env.) policies and procedures which includes, but is not limited to: Attend scheduled safety training, follow housekeeping requirements, place waste in designated containers, clean up spills; follow operating procedures, and immediately report any injuries or incidents to the supervisor.
The candidate is required to possess the following:
• High School Diploma or GED with 3+ years manufacturing experience;
• Forklift Certified;
• 24 hours Haz-Mat Technician plus 8 hours refresher annual;
• Ability to lift 55 pounds as well as stand for extended periods of time;
• Ability to set up equipment associated with the packaging of finish goods;
• Knowledge of Safety Data Sheets (SDS);
• Knowledge/participation in Pasadena Performance System;
• Good math and reading comprehension skills;
• Ability to take direction, instruct others and work as a team on the line;
• Must be able to work seasonal night shift starting in our peak season.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Click to Apply!
Desired Skills and Expertise
High School or equivalent
2 - 5 years
Salary / package