Senior Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Senior Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That’s why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
We are seeking creative, enthusiastic, and highly motivated synthetic chemists to join the Medicinal Chemistry Department at Pfizer Worldwide R&D La Jolla, CA. As part of Worldwide Medicinal Chemistry, the successful applicants will contribute through innovative synthetic chemistry to the delivery of clinical candidates aligned with the Oncology Research portfolio.
Contribute to the development and enablement of a coherent synthesis strategy for oncology drug discovery project(s):
• Understand the goal and strategy of the project, and as part of a synthesis team, positively and proactively influence and reduce to practice through the development of innovative and practical chemistry.
• Development and enablement of versatile and modular synthetic routes compatible with rapid analog synthesis. Validation of routes through reduction to practice.
• Develop scalable routes of preclinical drug candidates.
• Liaise with outsourcing point of contact(s) to ensure provision of chemistry protocols and scientific guidance to external contract research chemists.
• Build effective partnerships with other lines, in particular analytical, technology, pharmaceutical sciences and process chemistry groups.
• Publish and present research internally and externally to Pfizer.
Education and Experience:
Doctoral level degree in synthetic organic chemistry. 1-2 years of relevant post-doctoral experience is preferred.
Technical Skills Requirements:
• Strong track record of achievement in synthesis of complex molecules with state of the art knowledge of modern synthetic methodologies and analytical and purification techniques. Expertise in methodology development and successfully completed multistep syntheses.
• Proven track record of creative thinking and consistent delivery as demonstrated by publication/presentation records.
• Previous experience in mentoring and development of junior scientists or students is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Click Here To Apply Now
Desired Skills and Expertise
< 2 years
Salary / package