Director, Global Health and Value Innovation Center
Director, Global Health and Value Innovation Center
Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That’s why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
The primary responsibility of the Director, GH&V Innovation Center ("Think Tank") is the execution of the Innovation Center’s strategies to develop positions and viewpoints on key issues that affect access to medicines and vaccines and the way that they are valued by healthcare systems. The Director will also provide support for identifying and developing key priority areas and strategies. The Director, GH&V Innovation Center should draw on a wide range of expertise both internal and external to Pfizer and their work should result in strong aligned positions on the most important issues affecting Pfizer's business. Outputs include scientific papers, publications, public and professional presentations and involvement in panel discussions, among others, to influence external opinion.
• Continually assess the global healthcare environment from the perspective of payer strategies and trends and access to medicines and vaccines, identifying trends, patterns, opportunities and threats
• Combine the findings of external environmental scans with knowledge of challenges to Pfizer's business in order to identify those issues that require Pfizer to take an aligned position and/or to advance analyses, ideas or arguments to influence external opinion.
• Support identification and development of Innovation Center key priority areas and strategies.
• Execute on Center priorities which have been agreed upon between the GH&V Innovation Center and the GH&V leadership and business leadership.
• Support the GH&V Innovation Center in maintaining a strong network internally to ensure the widest possible input to thinking is drawn upon. Involve colleagues from across GH&V and from other parts of Pfizer as appropriate so that the GH&V Innovation Center acts as a forum to bring together the best thinking in the organization on key value and access issues.
• Support the GH&V Innovation Center in maintaining a strong, wide professional network externally with thought leaders from outside Pfizer, who can be brought in as needed, to contribute to the work of the GH&V Innovation Center.
• Generate outputs in the form of scientific papers, other publications, positions and messages that can be used in advocacy by other Pfizer colleagues and to support GH&V Innovation center’s goal of external engagement through symposia, panel debates and partnerships with external policy institutes. Such outputs are critical to advancing Pfizer positions.
• Work closely and cooperatively with colleagues in Corporate Affairs, especially in Worldwide Policy and International Public Affairs, US Government Affairs, Corporate Responsibility and Media Relations to provide input and ensure alignment.
• Support development and be responsible for execution, where appropriate, innovative or experimental approaches to access or valuation challenges aligned with GH&V Innovation Center goals and to help address critical business needs.
• Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree in a healthcare, business or economic field (Ph.D, MD or MBA) is preferred.
• Minimum of ten years’ experience in healthcare environment, with demonstrated understanding of the global payer and market access environment.
• Familiarity with strategic and operating planning processes.
• Demonstrated prior experience in fields in one or more of the following fields: economics, global healthcare systems and medico legal environment
• Prior publication record in the healthcare field conferring credibility with external experts preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills and evidence of both leadership and teamwork in a matrix environment
• Intellectual curiosity and exceptional analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to seek multiple inputs and generate aligned positions.
• Ability to assess the external healthcare environment and spot trends, patterns, opportunities and threats
• Strong presentation skills and ability to interact effectively with colleagues at all levels.
• Outstanding writing and presentation skills. This should include an ability to take complex ideas and arguments and present them with impact to a range of audiences.
• Ability to debate and put forward compelling thinking in public and professional settings, including accomplished public speaking capability
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Click Here To Apply Now
Desired Skills and Expertise
Salary / package