Relationship Banker CP Montgomery County
Relationship Banker CP Montgomery County
At Capital One, we are passionate about providing an exceptional customer experience while helping our personal and small business customers achieves their financial goals. As a Relationship Banker in our Certification Development Program, you’ll have the opportunity to use your love of working with people, sales, and customer service abilities to play a vital role in our customers’ banking experience. You’ll be part of a structured development program that consists of ‘on the job’ training to eventually become certified in selling many of our products and services to customers.
Our philosophy is simple: hire great people and give them the opportunity to be great. As an associate within the Relationship Banker Certification Program, you will bring your drive to learn and desire to win, and we will give you the training, coaching and the tools you need to be successful. Start your career as part of this program where you’ll be able to grow your skills and have real business impact right away.
• Meet with consumer and small business customers to discuss current and future financial needs.
• Recommend and sell appropriate solutions to consumers and small businesses
• Achieve performance goals and demonstrate skills-based behaviors while working towards banker certification and recertify annually.
• Acquire knowledge of complete line of products to offer to customer including: consumer and small business checking and savings, home loans, and investment referrals
• Perform servicing duties: greet customers in the lobby and on the phone, research customer inquiries, fulfill customer requests, and other customer originated servicing needs with the intent of enhancing customer retention and exploring additional sales opportunities
• Perform sales duties: execute on sales routines, which includes conducting sales conversations to identify appropriate customer banking needs, ensuring customer usage of products, conduct outbound calling, and acquiring, deepening and retaining customer relationships within branch portfolio
• Proactively cultivate relationships with branch partners such as Financial Advisors, Small Business Bankers and Home Lending Officers to obtain and provide qualified referrals
• Ensure all audit and security policies and procedures are followed in accordance with Bank policy and Federal regulations
• High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
• At least 6 months of Sales and/or Customer Service experience
• Associate’s degree in business, finance or other related field of study
• One year of customer service experience in banking, retail or hospitality
• One year of sales experience in banking, retail or hospitality
Requires successful registration with, and issuance of a unique identification number from, the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act).
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4929; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
Click to apply.
Desired Skills and Expertise
High School or equivalent
< 2 years
Salary / package