Sterling Jewelers operates over 1,400 retail locations across the US. As the largest retail jeweler in the country - with respected names like Kay Jewelers, Jared the Galleria of Jewelry and others under its banner - Sterling Jewelers offers the potential for you to shine every day. In all that we do through our corporate home office, our repair shops (Newly renamed Design & Service Centers), and every store in the field, we foster an atmosphere of teamwork, integrity, opportunity and community service. Qualities that demonstrate that whatever position you hold, Sterling is your place to shine.
Sterling Jewelers, the leader in the specialty retail jewelry industry, is searching for creative and talented Team Members who are proficient at performing jewelry repair in our central repair facility located near Akron, OH. Seeking candidates that are highly skilled, quality oriented and motivated to produce the finest product for our customers.
Perform required repairs of D&D, Customer Repairs and New Assembly products.
Perform listed skill sets up to established company and department levels of production and quality:
- Assembling of head/shanks
- Ability to set all shapes of precious stones
- Setting baguettes
- Half/full shanks
- Ring sizing
- Retip prongs
- Solder rings
- Simple fabrication
- Minor bracelet repair / links
- Channel setting straight channels
- Gallery rebuild
- High School diploma/GED required, technical training in metal programs or jewelry programs preferred
- 2-4 years of jewelry repair experience
- Ability to complete a bench test for assessment purposes
- Excellent organizational skills & detail oriented
- Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job
Sterling offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription and 401(k). We also offer a generous merchandise discount and a workplace fitness center.
Desired Skills and Expertise
High School or equivalent
2 - 5 years
Salary / package