Technical Development Trainer
Technical Development Trainer
Technical Development Trainer - Diesel Technicians - (NJ, NY, CT, MA, VT, & ME)
(Job Number: 1408888)
Job Description Summary:
This position will deliver consistent technical training programs to maintenance associates, particularly Diesel Technicians, Customer Service Representatives and Shop Maintenance Management. Primarily focused on fundamental training courses, this position will use sound facilitation skills to ensure proper delivery of content to build participants’ skills while reinforcing maintenance processes and procedures. This position reports to the Director of Technical Training.
This position will support Penske locations in the Northeastern US: New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Vermont, Massachusets, Maine. It will require regular travel to locations to facilitate training. The home office for this position is to be determined; most likely in the Greater Boston / Braintree Area; the NYC/ Central NJ or Hartford, CT or elswehere in the Northeastern US. When applying for this position, you will be asked to indicate which market you currently reside.
- Effectively deliver training courses via a classroom and hands-on learning environment to service department associates at all levels to include maintenance-specific systems, applications and procedures
- Identify improvements to classroom/hands-on and online training for all Penske maintenance procedures as well as make recommendations to OEM supplied training
- Create summaries for all classes to report out to local service management. Support/conduct follow up evaluations to measure effectiveness of training and recommended content/delivery improvements
- Identify needed changes to current courses as well as additional courses needed to reflect changes in technology and/or procedures
- Advise on updates to technical and user manuals to support use of company specific systems, applications and procedures. Helps ensure material is accurate and reflects current standards
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- 3-5 years of experience as an instructor in a classroom and/or hands-on environment required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelors / Associates degree preferred; Vocational or Technical degree preferred
- 7-10 years of experience as a technician in the vehicle repair industry preferred
- 608 and 609 EPA certified preferred
- Advanced knowledge of safety practices preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, required
- Strong experience with MS-Office tools: Word, Excel, & PowerPoint required
- Ability to work independently along with strong organization and time management skills required.
- Ability to travel up to as much as 70% within the area and to corporate offices in Pennsylvaniarequired
- Ability to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear.
- The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Desired Skills and Expertise
High School or equivalent
2 - 5 years
Salary / package