Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor - 2nd Shift ( Job Number: 1409189)
This hands-on 2nd shift supervisor would be responsible for coordination, scheduling and auditing of maintenance repairs to include preventative, mechanical and electrical repair to tractors, trucks and trailers. You will have access to industry leading technology, tools and training.
You will be involved in the hiring, training, and ongoing development of technicians to ensure that our highly skilled workforce is able to meet customer expectations.
- Meet and exceed customer satisfaction
- Coach/Mentor/Develop service department associates
- Monitor associate work levels
- Fleet maintenance management and repair expense management - Identifying areas for improvement and reinforce policies and procedures
- Facility management, assuring a clean and safe working environment
- Other duties and tasks as required by supervisor
Penske values the well-being of our employees and their families. That’s why we offer competitive wages and a wide range of benefits, including medical and dental insurance, prescription drug card, 401K and pension plans, flexible dependent care and medical spending accounts, spouse and child life insurance, employee referral bonus, and discounts with Penske partners.
- Ability and desire to work in a positive, fast paced and high energy environment
- 3-5 years fleet maintenance management experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or Tech School degree preferred
- Strong customer service and organizational skills required
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office and web based applications preferred
- Willingness to travel within district (close geographical area), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25/lbs12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/ 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
Desired Skills and Expertise
High School or equivalent
2 - 5 years
Salary / package