Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That’s why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
We are seeking an energetic experienced individual to join our efforts to develop new state of the art treatments for oncology. The successful applicant will have a demonstrated record of productivity, the ability to work in a closely collaborative environment, and a willingness to work in new, unprecedented areas of therapy.
- Perform both in vitro cell culture of human and animal tumor cell lines for in vivo tumor growth evaluation, efficacy and other in vivo studies
- Generate and characterize new human cancer xenografts derived from patient specimens and cell lines and determine appropriate conditions for their growth both in vivo and in vitro
- Evaluate patient-derived and cell line-derived xenograft models against Standard of Care agents.
- Construct subcutaneous, orthotopic and other types of tumor xenograft models to evaluate the efficacy of antibody therapeutics and antibody drug conjugates.
- Administer therapeutic agents through different routes (including intraperitoneal, intravenous and oral)
- Perform pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic studies.
- Support evaluation surrogate biomarkers by collecting, analyzing tissue and/or serum samples
- When required, present the data at project team meetings and other forums
- The position requires collaboration and interaction with other scientists and staff members in Research.
- The ideal candidate should have a BS/MS in biological sciences with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in biological research, preferably in an industry setting.
- Previous experience in handling research rodents, especially different strains of immunodeficient mice, is required.
- Experiences in pre-clinical validation of cancer therapeutics using xenograft models, xenograft tumor characterization and mammalian cell culture are required
- Ability to statistically interpret data and draw conclusions from experimental results is required.
- Effective trouble shooting and problem solving skills are required.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic team environment
- Background in in vitro cell and molecular biology is highly desirable.
- Ability to multi-task, handle multiple projects at one time.
- Prior experience with in vivo imaging modalities is a plus.
- Ability to handle and work closely with research animals for extended periods of time.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple projects and produce accurate, reliable, reproducible data and interpretations for research and clinical decision-making.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Click Here To Apply Now
Desired Skills and Expertise
Salary / package