Territory Account Manager
Territory Account Manager
Territory Account Manager( Job Number: 1409952)
We’re looking for a dynamic sales executive with 5 or more years of executive level sales experience or experience in a sales support role with executive level exposure to customers, preferably in a transportation lease selling environment. If you meet this qualification and are interested in a sales opportunity that provides strong earnings potential and allows you to play an impactful role on a recognized award winning team, Penske Truck Leasing may be the right company for you!
The Lease Sales Representative is responsible for identifying sales opportunities, conducting sales calls and customer visits within their assigned territory to diverse customers and executives to help fulfill their transportation and financial needs through full-service truck leasing. Lease Sales Representatives generate sales volume and revenue through a process of prospecting new B2B customers’ accounts, retaining existing customers, and penetrating existing customers to increase their volume/revenue of business with Penske Truck Leasing.
This position is responsible for exceeding monthly revenue quotas through ongoing customer development and prospecting activities, consistent proposal generation and active management of a sales pipeline. They are actively involved in addressing customer issues and concerns.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Proactively identify, pursue, and maintain a constant pipeline of potential customers that meet or exceed established quotas via prospecting, networking and referral activities within a regional market.
- With a thorough understanding of the customer’s business model identify and propose products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms to customers utilizing Penske Truck Leasing services that translate into closed, contracted business deals.
- Build relationships with Leasing Customers by acting as a transportation consultant, conducting periodic reviews and managing the voice of the customer process.
- Responsible to extend or renew existing contracts before or upon contract expiration, as well as identify opportunities for customer growth in new geographic locations, new industries, or with additional products and services.
- Embrace a culture of integrity and professionalism and utilize this value based selling methodology in all sales pursuits.
Successful candidates will enjoy an industry leading compensation and benefits package for starters. In addition, they will enjoy the use of a Company Car and will be eligible for our Winner’s Circle sales recognition program. Your development and success is as important to our company as it is to you personally; so we’ll invest in training and development to better enable you to reach your goals.
This position will be expected to perform to an annual quota set by, and agreed to, with their respective Area Vice President / Area Sales Manager.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Five or more years of executive level sales experience or experience in a sales support role with executive level exposure to customers, preferably in a service and transportation selling environment.
- Demonstrated ability in consultative and strategic selling techniques, including previous experience in articulating / presenting multiple products and services to C-level executives both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to connect and build rapport / relationships with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple projects / work streams.
- Skill in the operation of variety of computer software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Sales CRM.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the hours necessary to accomplish the job duties, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture among Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and General Electric. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 200,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.gopenske.com/ to learn more about the company and its products and services.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
Desired Skills and Expertise
High School or equivalent
Salary / package