Recruiting Assistant (Casual)
Recruiting Assistant (Casual)
Recruiting Assistant (Casual)( Job Number: 1410517)
The Recruiting Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Penske staffing team with finding and interviewing candidates that best meet our business needs. The position will be casual with the opportunity to become full-time based upon business needs and performance.
In this hourly role, the recruiting assistant will primarily support processes around candidate sourcing, application screening, and process expediting. source candidates using company and external resume databases. Upon finding candidates, the staffing assistant will contacting candidates via phone and email to inform them of the position, conduct a brief phone screening, and direct and assure they formally apply to the Penske job opening.
- Upon direction from a member of Penske’s Staffing team, search for new candidates matching the provided job description.
- May assist recruiter in posting jobs via job boards, college career sites, and state workforce sites.
- Screens resumes from databases and applications from Penske’s Taleo system to identify candidates meeting minimum qualifications.
- May conduct brief phone screening conversations.
- Maintains accurate records on applicant status and provides timely responses to all applicants
- May assist in providing offer letters and initiating/communicating the background screening process for selected candidates.
- Will support company-wide corporate recruiting programs (referrals, sign-on bonus programs, etc.)
- Will support all incoming recruiting department candidate inquiries and messages.
- Other projects and tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Associate's degree equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or minimum one year related experience required.
- Prior demonstrated high-touch customer service and follow-up experience required.
- Candidates with prior recruiting/recruiting support highly preferred
- Prior Taleo or other applicant tracking system experience highly preferred.
- Prior experience in mining candidate resume databases and phone screening applicants is highly preferred.
- Bilingual, fluent English/Spanish written and verbal communication a plus
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Word and Excel, and must be internet savvy.
- A sense of humor is helpful, as this can be a stressful job with competing priorities at any given time
- Qualified candidates must be effective communicators who are not afraid of the phone.
- Candidates who are highly technically savvy (internet, cloud base applications, good with internet data research, cell phone/text messaging, etc.) are highly preferred
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in United State is a joint venture among Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and General Electric. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 200,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions. Visitwww.GoPenske.com to learn more about the company and its products and services.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Desired Skills and Expertise
< 2 years
Salary / package