Oracle Technical Lead
Oracle Technical Lead
The Oracle Technical Lead role is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the strategy, standards, and vision for technical excellence within the environment that will support the Global ERP solution and related core systems. Develop and maintain the standard set of documentation targeting the systems framework, governance, availability and usage. Continuously evaluate the computing environment to insure an optimal user experience, define approach and work with IT teams to build consistency and flexibility in core systems architecture.
Strategy & Planning
• Define and maintain a systems strategy for the Global ERP team. This includes but is not limited to core ERP systems, integration systems, business intelligence systems, planning systems, and master data management systems.
• Drive planning, prioritization and execution of key ERP and systems initiatives.
• Define and maintain System Architecture, Standards and Service Levels.
• Work with functional teams to define functional standards.
• Work with business analysts, technical architects, business users and external system owners to understand requirements in order to define an solution architecture design that meets business and technical needs.
• Provide mentorship and design direction to developers and analysts to ensure high-quality solutions and consistent deliverables.
• Application of core engineering and architectural concepts to implement a solution set that both meets business requirements and also provides flexibility, availability, reliability, security, maintainability, scalability and manageability.
• Work with third party vendors to evaluate and select packages that can be integrated with Global ERP solutions to support agile business requirements.
• Establish, adopt, communicate and enforce standards and policies for system documentation, best practices, and testing that support an optimized data environment.
• Keep current with industry trends and development for technologies in assigned area, and assist in evaluating and developing plans for keeping applications current.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Design and maintain current state and future state systems designs in accordance with the enterprise standards and best practices.
• Mitigate significant risks associated with large projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business and systems.
• Partner with internal teams and vendors on software and hardware selection and produce and present cost and value benefit analyses.
• Provide directions on resolving Service Requests in collaboration with Oracle Support or third party vendor integrations.
• Gather business requirements and recommend industry best practices to attain.
• Provide oversight and mentorship to the ERP Development teams and IT service providers.
• In coordination with team, create, maintain and enforce service level objectives for the systems and applications stacks.
• Ensure reliability, performance, scalability and availability for the ERP suite and related application stacks.
• Design systems monitoring and reporting for systems including Oracle ERP, BI, Integration, MDM and related production environments.
• Coordinate work efforts with the DBA and infrastructure teams to support environment changes.
• Act as a liaison between developers, users, database administration team and other IT service providers.
• Work with IT and Business management to evaluate complex user requests, large projects and strategies.
• Perform analysis of large-scale, complex, cross-system, cross-platform changes or issues.
Knowledge & Experience
• 10+ years of architecting large IT systems
• 5+ years of Oracle ERP application management and support experience
• Expert knowledge of computing architectures
• Strong understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts (loose coupling, modularity, reusability, asynchronicity, high availability, scalability).
• Functional expertise with Oracle E-Business Suite is a plus.
• Experience in leading at least three (3) projects as a Project Lead or Project Manager.
• Experience conducting proof-of-concept, developing prototyping and building reference models.
• Practical application debugging and troubleshooting skills.
• PMI certification is a plus.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
• Master Data Management with Oracle MDM hubs.
• Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) experience.
• Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (OBIA) experience is a plus.
• Informatica PowerCenter/Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
• Experience in working with version control and software configuration management tools including Subversion, Git, HP Project and Portfolio Management (PPM).
• Certification from Oracle.
• ITIL Certification.
• Experience with Hyperion Essbase/Planning/Data Relationship Management is a plus.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
• Willingness and ability to train and teach others.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a globally focused multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
• Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Incidental Functions • Assist with large scale projects may be required to contribute to efficiency, effectiveness and success of the work. • Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks. • Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested. • Train and share knowledge with development teams. • Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy. • Up to 25% travel as required (domestic and international) • Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour work day as required.
Apply for this job
Desired Skills and Expertise
Salary / package