Associates handle inbound or outbound calls with existing customers. Associates should educate customers on account status, attempting to solve customer problems and/or attempting to secure a payment or make payment arrangements. The goal is to help our customers build and retain a strong credit standing and maintain a customer for life.
- Manage inbound and outbound collection calls
- Perform account level research
- Overcome objections that customers have about making payments toward their account and help them to understand their account(s) and responsibilities
- Become familiar with and follow Company guidelines and procedures (CBTs, training, timecards, e-mail, training, etc)
- Attend team meetings
- Exhibit effective skip tracing techniques when applicable
- Update account information and complete appropriate documentation
- Maintain superior quality assurance results
- High School Diploma, GED, Equivalent Certification, or Military Experience
- 1 year of experience in Collections
- 2 years post-high school education or Associate Degree
- 1 year experience Call Center or Loss Mitigation
- 1 year experience with MS Office products
- 2 years experience in heavy customer contact environment
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No Agencies please
Click here to APPLY!
Desired Skills and Expertise
High School or equivalent
< 2 years
Salary / package