Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That’s why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
Primary responsibility is the support of ongoing efforts in the identification and validation of novel oncology targets. The experimental approach includes executing direct or synthetic lethal shRNA dropout screens in cancer cell lines and xenograft models with conditionally required genes identified by global MiSeq of changes in hairpin density. Candidate target genes are then validated by multiple genetic and biochemical assay approaches including target gene rescue both in vitro and in vivo.
Essential requirements include:
1. Strong molecular biology skills including DNA cloning, plasmid production, PCR/qPCR
2. Cell culture expertise including lentiviral manufacture and delivery
3. Implementation of shRNA screens from establishing hairpin libraries to final MiSeq analysis of hairpin dropout
4. RT-PCR/Western and biochemical analysis to correlate gene knockdown and phenotype and demonstration of gene rescue
5. Capable of developing or implementing new technical approaches to target ID (for example CRISPR)
6. Self-motivated, enthusiastic scientist with capability to design well controlled experiments and rigorous interpretation of data
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences required; Master’s degree is desired.
Previous experience in laboratory with documented scientific productivity (publications) is required.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Fundamental laboratory experience including strong molecular biology skills and mammalian cell culture expertise is required. Background in biochemical assay, protein analysis and flow cytometry is preferred.
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Job requires routine lab work both at bench and in cell culture hood.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Click Here To Apply Now
Desired Skills and Expertise
2 - 5 years
Salary / package