Project Manager/Senior Project Manager
Project Manager/Senior Project Manager
Project Manager/Senior Project Manager - Business Consulting
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, agriculture and high-tech polymer materials. As an innovation company, it sets trends in research-intensive areas. Bayer’s products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. Background
Bayer Business Consulting (BC) is the global in-house consulting arm of the Bayer Group, providing high-end management consulting services exclusively to senior decision-makers across all Subgroups of Bayer worldwide. BC draws talent from the top listed business schools and business faculties in Bayer’s key markets, from eminent university science departments, leading consulting practices, as well as from within Bayer. As such, BC offers a unique launchpad for a demanding management career in a diversified, global player with European roots. A part of Bayer Business Services (BBS) – in the U.S. Bayer Business and Technology Services (BBTS) – the group was formed in 2006, and today has 150 team members from over 15 nations.
Bayer Business Consulting strives to attract and develop top talent for the Bayer Group; to support Bayer and its subgroups to increase their competitiveness in a sustainable manner; and to identify, develop, and transfer know-how to work on relevant management challenges within Bayer. BC offers highly attractive career and development opportunities for recent advanced degree graduates as well as for experienced management consultants and other distinguished professionals. Consultants typically join BC for a few years, and then transfer into line positions. BC has a track record of developing management and leadership talent: Recent line transfer positions (globally) include a range of opportunities across the Bayer Group, e.g., Head of Business Planning and Administration for Asia-Pacific; Lead for a Chairman’s global initiative; Global Launch Manager within pharma brand management; Head of Market Access (Marketing) within large European pharma organization; Project Lead for a growth initiative for U.S. President.
Bayer Business Consulting’s main hub locations in the U.S. are in northern New Jersey (Morristown/Whippany), and in Pittsburgh, PA (North America HQ); in Germany in the greater Cologne area (at Bayer global HQ in Leverkusen as well as Berlin); in China at Bayer China offices in Shanghai and Beijing. Consultants typically have expertise in the areas of Marketing & Sales, Research & Development, Technical Operations, Supply Chain Management, Transformation and Change Management, as well as the broader profile of corporate service functions (Finance, Procurement, IT, etc.).
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
What to expect
Consultants usually deliver on one project at a time, stretching several weeks to several months. Project team size varies but is generally comparable with team size at the leading traditional consulting firms. Willingness and preparedness to travel is expected and global project opportunities exist.
Bayer Business Consulting strives to foster a positive, enriching, and productive work
environment and provides multiple forms of training and professional development. Team development is supported by periodic offsite meetings (regional, global) which are deliberately designed to offer learning as well as networking opportunities.
You will also be eligible to attend training in Bayer's consulting methods and tools as part of our comprehensive professional development program; and you will play an integral role in shaping our growing Business Consulting practice. At the same time, your efforts will pave the way for a subsequent career path at Bayer.
You will also be eligible to attend training in Bayer's consulting methods and tools as part of our comprehensive professional development program; and you will play an integral role in shaping our growing Business Consulting practice. At the same time, your efforts will pave the way for a subsequent career path at Bayer. Salary and grade level will be commensurate with experience and/or education level.
WHO YOU ARE
What we are looking for – (Experienced) Project Manager
We are currently looking for experienced Project Managers within our Northern New Jersey offices. Following are some of the expected responsibilities:
• Ownership of project scope, team management, deliverables, and client relationships; Leadership in developing effective analytical and scientific assessments and programs for clients; Workshop design, preparation, and facilitation; Leadership of other strategy and operations management efforts; People Leadership (guidance, coaching, mentoring, etc.)
We are mostly interested in candidates with the following industry and functional profiles:
• Healthcare Strategy and Commercial Operations (incl. franchise strategy, marketing and sales effectiveness, managed markets), particularly in Bayer’s therapeutic areas and healthcare focus including consumer health
• Operational Excellence, particularly in the Chemical and Healthcare industries (e.g., lean/ Six Sigma, process Improvement, root-cause analyses, asset value maximization)
• Shared Services/ Support functions – financial analysis, process effectiveness and efficiency, organizational design/ governance
• Crop Sciences/ Agriculture - marketing & sales (e.g., market segmentation, pricing, distribution, customer analytics)
• Change Management – transformation and change management, post-merger integration (e.g., transformation planning and facilitation, communication, training planning, executive coaching)
• Latin American markets – experience in Latin American markets in marketing & sales, operations, strategic planning, or management consulting, particularly in Bayer-relevant industries (healthcare, pharma, consumer care, material science, crop science)
The selected candidate is required to possess the following:
• Master's Degree in Business (MBA strongly preferred), Economics, Life Sciences, Engineering, Organizational Behavior/Design (or similar) or related field from a top-listed university or faculty, either earned during the past seven years or coupled with significant experience working for a top management consulting firm
• At least four to eight years of professional business experience with demonstrated career progression (experience in a leading traditional consulting practice strongly preferred)
• Expert market and industry knowledge relevant to Bayer’s North America operations
• Demonstrated record of working independently and achieving measurable results
• Strong understanding of general business processes (accounting, finance, marketing, manufacturing, supply chain etc.)
• Leadership and influencing skills and experience; ability to deal with senior client management in often complex situations
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proven project management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Outstanding analytical, conceptual and implementation skills; initiative, persuasiveness and a strong team spirit
• Proven experience in a highly client-driven environment, coupled with an entrepreneurial attitude to deliver effective, value-add solutions
• Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
• Driver’s license valid for travel in the U.S.
Additional, preferred, qualifications are as follows
• At least ten years of professional business experience with demonstrated career progression (experience in a leading traditional consulting practice strongly preferred)
• Doctorate Degree/ Ph.D. in Business, Economics, Life or Physical Sciences, Engineering, Organizational Behavior/Design (or similar) or related field
• Experience within the Bayer Group
• International/ global work experience
• Experience in and promotion to Project Manager (or equivalent) at a leading management consulting practice strongly preferred
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Desired Skills and Expertise
2 - 5 years
Salary / package