Director, Portfolio Strategy
Director, Portfolio Strategy
Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That’s why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
Pfizer is constantly aiming to advance our business by delivering successful new medicines, forging strong, engaging partnerships with key customers and investing in new technologies that will add value to our core product offerings and ultimately all of our stakeholders. Achieving these goals requires a combination of excellent interpersonal, effective planning and implementation skills coupled with a clear strategic approach to capital investment. The Portfolio and Decision Analysis group (PDA), part of the Strategy, Portfolio and Commercial Operations organization, is uniquely positioned within Pfizer as internal consultants to facilitate tough investment and trade-off decisions for the entire clinical portfolio and serve as an “early warning system” for potential issues that could impact decision making. This role needs to assimilate the R&D portfolio information and interpret the data to address key strategic questions and themes from our most senior leadership team. This person will be continually evaluating opportunities to maximize the use of our capital in order to deliver more value to our patients, customers and shareholders.
This role is dynamic, fast-paced, highly collaborative and covers a broad range of R&D portfolio strategy topics that are critical to our business and help facilitate investment decisions. These include portfolio optimization, prioritization and scenario planning. In addition, we are constantly driving new thought leadership in the R&D portfolio management space and continuously seeking new and creative ways to communicate highly complex and dynamic information.
? Establish highly collaborative, cross-functional relationships/partnerships with key stakeholders both within group and across PFE
? Lead cross-functional strategic R&D portfolio projects for senior stakeholders that identify portfolio trends, risks and opportunities
? Address portfolio related questions from most senior levels of PFE management in an effective, compelling way to ensure customer buy-in
? Create relevant portfolio views that acknowledges and aligns to the needs of different senior audiences, communicating strategic themes as well as recommendations to maximize portfolio value
? Proactively develop new ideas and/or initiatives that can add value to all clients and can add value to other products/initiatives
? Lead design, planning, implementation and continuous improvement of annual R&D portfolio prioritization process
? Integrate project level detail into a cohesive end-to-end portfolio story to ensure senior leadership support
? Understand and monitor dynamic portfolio changes as well as implications to broader decision making
? Identify and develop new and creative ways to view the end-to-end portfolio that will demonstrate this teams insight to innovation and value
• Exceptional communicator: can readily align their interpersonal style with the individual needs of their customers, can readily understand, translate and distill the complex, technical findings of the team into commentary that enables senior managers to fully comprehend the potential opportunities, costs, risks, issues and returns thereby facilitating effective decision making.
• Relationship manager: builds long term strategic relationships with individuals from all levels of the organization, understanding individual goals and objectives to ensure future alignment of the entire portfolio
• Highly collaborative: manages projects with and through others; shares responsibility and credit; develops self and others through teamwork; helps other take appropriate risks; communicates frequently with other team members earning the respect and trust of the team
• Strong project management: clearly articulates scope and deliverables of projects; breaks complex initiatives into detailed component parts and sequences actions appropriately; develops action plans and monitors progress independently; designs success criteria and uses them to track outcomes; drives implementation of recommendations when appropriate, engages with stakeholders throughout to ensure buy-in
• Influencer: clearly articulates expectations, capabilities and action plans; actively listens with others’ frame of reference in mind; readily shares information with team; favorably influences people without direct authority,
• Financial skills: Understanding of expected cash flow modeling, economic value measures, and other types of analytical modeling (e.g. Monte Carlo simulation, decision tree analysis, multi-attribute analysis, etc.)
Minimum Educational Requirements:
• Master's degree in business, strategy or related quantitative field
• At least 5-8 years of pharmaceutical industry experience in strategic planning, decision analysis or management consulting experience with a pharma focus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Click Here To Apply Now
Desired Skills and Expertise
Salary / package