Part-Time Seasonal Retail Sales Merchandiser and Product Advisor – Omaha/Lincoln, NE
Bayer CropScience (BCS), a subgroup of Bayer AG is one of the world's leading innovative
crop science companies in the areas of crop protection, non-agricultural pest control, seeds
and traits. The company offers an outstanding range of products and extensive service
backup for modern, sustainable agriculture and for non-agricultural applications. Bayer
CropScience has a global workforce of 20,700 and is represented in more than 120 countries.
Bayer’s corporate culture is an important factor in the company’s success. Central to this
culture are our values: Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency, summarized by the
term LIFE. They provide us with guidance for our daily work as we seek solutions to the major
challenges of our time, in line with our mission statement “Bayer: Science For A Better Life".
Job description We are currently seeking a Part-Time Seasonal Retail Sales Merchandiser
and Product Advisor in your area. You will be responsible for merchandising the Bayer
Advanced in-store lawn and garden product line at Home Centers within an assigned territory.
Your responsibilities include:
• Building and maintaining relationships with key store personnel;
• Selling to, educating and advising retail consumers on the selection of Bayer Advanced
• Building and maintaining product displays in accordance with standards;
• Maintaining appropriate product level on racks, shelves and displays;
• Working with store personnel to order product at the store and district level;
• Reconciling inventory;
• Maintaining, cleaning and organizing back stock;
• Providing excellent customer service to consumers and store personnel;
• Installing and maintaining Point of Sale (POS) materials;
• Updating management daily regarding store activities;
• Traveling daily within assigned territory servicing store to store.
Your qualifications The selected candidate is required to possess the following:
• Valid driver’s license and auto insurance;
• Access to reliable transportation during business hours;
• Demonstrated good customer service skills and a high level of comfort with direct customerinteraction;
• Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds;
• Ability to climb an 8-12 foot safety ladder;
• Demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills;
• Fluent in reading, writing and speaking English;
• Basic computer skills;
• Demonstrated good organization and planning skills;
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays;
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Ability to travel within an assigned territory (radius of 100 miles).
• High School diploma or equivalent;
• One to two years of retail or sales work experience;
• Previous Bayer Advanced merchandising experience;
• Previous Home Center consumer product merchandising work experience;
• Previous lawn care and/or pest control work experience;
• Lawn and Garden chemicals knowledge;
• Access to the Internet/Email and Cellular phone;
• Pallet jack experience.
Your application If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you
to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Desired Skills and Expertise
High School or equivalent
< 2 years
Salary / package