Sterling Jewelers operates over 1,400 retail locations across the US. As the largest retail jeweler in the country - with respected names like Kay Jewelers, Jared the Galleria of Jewelry and others under its banner - Sterling Jewelers offers the potential for you to shine every day. In all that we do through our corporate home office, our repair shops (Newly renamed Design & Service Centers), and every store in the field, we foster an atmosphere of teamwork, integrity, opportunity and community service. Qualities that demonstrate that whatever position you hold, Sterling is your place to shine.
Administrative Assistant - PR & Social Media
This position is responsible for performing a variety of professional administrative functions and support for the VP of Public Relations & Social Media. This includes scheduling appointments, meeting rooms, catering and equipment. It may also entail composing memos, transcribing notes and taking dictation. The ability to generate reports, handle multiple projects, and prepare expense reports is essential. This role must maintain a professional discreet and confidential demeanor at all times, due to sensitive business information and close working association between this department and the company’s executive leadership, business partners and celebrities.
- Manage the phone for VP of Public Relations & Social Media, including answering calls; taking messages; addressing solicitations; responding to questions from stores, members of the media and other callers; as well as directing callers to the appropriate parties as necessary.
- Manage, organize and maintain paper and electronic files for the VP of Public Relations & Social Media.
- Schedule and organize travel arrangements, prepare related documentation, and generate subsequent travel expense reports.
- Field media inquiries via telephone and e-mail. Ensure that any member of the media is treated professionally and in accordance with the Media Relations Policy.
- Monitor media alerts and escalate media inquiries appropriately.
- Schedule meetings and manage the calendar for the VP of Public Relations & Social Media.
- Prepare and edit complex memos, documents, presentations and other correspondence.
- Conduct basic research and analyze/report on findings.
- Prepare meeting collateral (e.g., agendas, copies, etc.).
- Assist with event planning and coordination.
- Monitor the working condition and facilitate repairs for the copiers and printers, and restock the team’s office supplies as necessary.
- Order supplies from warehouse and special order catalog as needed.
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office / Internet.
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, both independently and as part of a team.
- Minimum of three years related administrative experience.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with great attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and prioritize with a high degree of urgency.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
Sterling offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription and 401(k). We also offer a generous merchandise discount and a workplace fitness center.
Desired Skills and Expertise
High School or equivalent
2 - 5 years
Salary / package